This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Study : Lucy Pinder


I'm not so hot when it comes to doing paintery work, so this is my first "training wheel" attempt at a quickie-style color digital piece without first working in grayscale. Found this random image of the the lovely Lucy Pinder (British glamor girl who shows up at lot in the "men's interest" section of the magazine stand), and just color picked/dabbed. Likeness, proportions and posture are off. I'm more interested in how colors behave/mix, and where shadows and highlights wind up. My hope is that I do enough of these kinds of exercises, some good stuff will stick.
...
I have a thing for brunettes.

No comments: