This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Zbrush - Femhead 1

Started from a sphere at 11 AM -- my first female zbrush head!



Ears and eyes are undeveloped at this phase, and a few major planes are looking dodgy, but eh...I'll come back to it later. In the meantime, I made a little corrective paintover to refer to...



Also : I found out I can avoid frequent Zbrush crashes by toggling between "draw" and "edit" mode right before saving. That shit was driving me bonkers...

5 comments:

Tham Hoi Mun said...

Nice head dude. Eyes are difficult to sculpt man... especially from a sphere. Weird Topology.

mean goreng said...

hey man. first and foremost, love your work. just reading that entry sounds like you might be suffering the bullshit ' crash on save ' bug ? if so you should go download the subtool master plugin ( for the few days remaining before v3.5 comes out. if it does. and if they've fixed it ) and save from there

Paul Richards said...

Ah, thanks man. I'm itching to get my mitts on 3.5, but yeah, I'll look into that. Crashes sure do suck the fun out of exploratory exercises like this.

Gimbal_Head said...

Dude! Nice work! I gotta say, its really inspiring to see you sculpting now. And your own style is written all over it, amazing. Keep it up! I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Tracing the zpheres sounds like a very good idea as well, glad you posted it!

Take care,
-ze'ev

Liebarg said...

great stuff .